Modification Attorney for Child Support, Alimony (Spousal Support) and Parenting Time in Framingham, Metrowest Boston

We are here for you when your needs change

All families change over time. As needs and goals change, existing court orders also may need evolve to meet new family requirements. What was suitable to the parties at one time may no longer work as jobs change, children age and parents remarry. At Fitzpatrick Family Law, we help families obtain appropriate modifications to any variety of family law orders and agreements, including child support, child custody, parenting time, spousal maintenance (alimony) and other family law issues.

We also address relocation issues when parents move into or out of Massachusetts.

Modifications of child custody or parenting time, child support and spousal maintenance often require proof to the court that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. Substantial changes can be as simple as greater financial need due to a loss of a job or an increase in income, or may include a change in your child's environment.

At Fitzpatrick Family Law, we counsel with you and advocate for your rights. Both inside and outside of court, we work with you to analyze your personal situation. If modification is in your best interests, we help you get the modifications you and your children need for child support, parenting time and other custody-related or financial matters. We guide you through the often complex procedures to get results.

We also help families with domestication of foreign or out-of-state judgments, assisting them in obtaining court orders that ask the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to treat an order from another state as its own. Domestications for matters like child support and parenting time can be especially useful when families with children move into or out of Massachusetts.

When you bring your modification case to our firm, we review your goals with you. Then we examine the existing court orders between you and your ex-spouse or child's parent. Together we set realistic, achievable objectives and how best to achieve them. In many cases, it may not be necessary to go before the Massachusetts family court judge. Whether you are seeking an adjustment in your spousal or child support, are looking to modify your parenting time or visitation schedule or are attempting to change custody, we can help. We work closely with you to understand your unique circumstances, goals and concerns. It is important to seek advice early, as the process for change can be slow. With 30 years of trial experience, Shannon Fitzpatrick knows how to work effectively and efficiently for you.


Contact an experienced Massachusetts family law attorney

Call Fitzpatrick Family Law at 508-309-6979 (office) or 612-617-0378 (cell), or contact us online to schedule a free 30-minute consultation.