Compassionate and Effective Trial Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN Protects Your Interests
Bringing an individualized, calming approach to get you through events that redefine your family
Following 24 years as a successful civil litigator, Shannon M. Fitzpatrick founded Fitzpatrick Family Law (formerly known as the Law Office of Shannon M. Fitzpatrick) in 2007 to dedicate her practice fully to family law and dissolution of marriage or divorce matters. Recognized for her work in helping families, Shannon Fitzpatrick was the recipient of the 2013 Tubman Family Law Attorney of the Year award. She also serves on the Board of Directors of The Family Partnership in Minneapolis. Shannon Fitzpatrick and her welcoming staff are committed to helping individuals and families in the Minneapolis and surrounding areas of Minnesota area get through stressful circumstances in their lives. We are ready to assist you.
When it comes to family law matters - whether contentious dissolution of marriage or divorce, negotiation of a parenting plan, a contested spousal maintenance or alimony case, a pre-nuptial agreement, a paternity case or a domestic violence issue, Fitzpatrick Family Law provides fierce legal advocacy whenever necessary - but always accompanied by empathy and care.
Protecting our clients in and out of court
At Fitzpatrick Family Law, we understand that every family law situation is different. We listen to your concerns and tailor our legal services to meet your specific needs and challenges. We guide you through the legal process from start to finish, making sure you understand the applicable law, your rights and the possible outcomes of your case. We ensure you are equipped to make informed decisions. And we can show you options even when you think you don't have any.
Fitzpatrick Family Law assists clients with the following types of family law matters:
- Dissolution of marriage or divorce occurs when a marriage is legally terminated. Dissolution actions can be uncontested or contested. We provide you with experienced guidance and representation. We can assist with negotiation of agreements for dividing assets and debts, providing for minor children, dealing with maintenance issues or representing you in court.
- Child custody and parenting time actions determine the primary residence of a child, the time the child spends with each parent and who has the authority to make major decisions on behalf of the child. We will advise you and guide you through the entire process, whether your case involves negotiating a parenting agreement or litigating a contested proceeding.
- Modifications are changes made to final agreements or court orders relating to child custody, parenting time and support when there has been a substantial change in circumstances. We can protect your interests as time passes and circumstances change.
- Child support is determined by formulas set by the state. We ensure the court has accurate information, including proper review of deductions to gross income, to reach a fair decision on your behalf.
- Our goal in spousal support cases is for our clients to wind up with a fair spousal support award or obligation even in the most complex cases.
Proudly serving clients in Minnesota
Fitzpatrick Family Law proudly protects and helps clients in Minneapolis and all Twin City metro areas, and throughout Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Anoka County, Washington County, Dakota County, Carver County, Sherburne County and other locations nearby or in out-state Minnesota.
Trusted representation with every aspect of your family law case in Minneapolis, Minnesota
For help with family and matrimonial law matters, call Fitzpatrick Family Law at 612-617-0378 or contact us online to schedule your free 30-minute consultation.